Covid-19 Restrictions at Canberra City Farm
Common sense is the guide. If you feel unwell, or have been a COVID-19 close contact, please do not visit the Farm. When at the Farm, please practice physical distancing, please use the hand sanitiser provided, wear a mask if possible, and avoid working in groups of, say, more than three people.
The current Members’ Handbook can be found here.
Sub-committees and Teams
Canberra City Farm uses a distributed organisational structure, with formal governance responsibility and oversight resting in the Committee. The Committee delegates some of the operational functions to Subcommittees, that report as required to the Committee. Teams can be on-going and function related or set up for a specific project. The Subcommittees, with the functional teams working under them, that have been established at the moment are:
- Education Subcommittee – Convenor: Mark Spain
- Communications Subcommittee – Convenor: Keith Colls
- Finance Subcommittee – Convenor: Treasurer – David Hakaraia
- Site Management Subcommittee – Convenor: John Peters
- Agreements Management Subcommittee – Convenor: Mark Spain
- Food Sustainability Subcommittee – Convenor: Keith Colls
- Planning Subcommittee – Convenor: John Peters
Other current function related teams include:
- Propagation Team
- Vineyard Team
- Fruit Trees Team
- Resource and Recycling Centre Team
- 4 Bed rotation Team
- Preserving Team
- Composting Team
- Allotment Management Team
- Maintenance Team
These functional Teams can also have responsibility for time limited projects eg a Seasonal Propagation Plan which requires Farm resources, as well as overall organisational responsibility for the Team’s function.
When people want to take responsibility for a specific project, a project proposal template needs to be completed and given to the Secretary so it can be considered by the Committee. Once the committee gives in principle approval from the project proposal, a detailed project plan is presented to the Committee for approval and commitment of any resources requires. Some current projects which have been completed, are in the planning stages or recently commenced include:
- Native Bird Habitats Project
- Pumpkin Patch Project
- Eastern Brown Snake ecology project
If you have an interest in joining any of these Subcommittees, Teams or Projects, or you have an idea for a project around the Farm, that you’d like to put forward please email us on email@example.com.