- This event has passed.
Open Day at Canberra City Farm
February 18 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
The Canberra City Farm Open Day is on again. Attractions include:
- Tours of the Farm, half hour tours showing the working of the farm and a longer tour including the history of the site and the farm.
- Seedlings suitable for Autumn planting including broccoli, cauliflower, kale, kohl rabi, coriander, spinach as well as produce grown at the farm including, garlic, tomatoes, cucumber, rhubarb, fruit and zucchini will vailable for purchase.
- The very popular free Fruit Tree Netting swap run by ACT Wildlife will be happening again. Bring along your unsafe garden netting and swap old, large-mesh nets for wildlife-friendly nets, which have been purchased with funds from the ACT Government.
- A CCF information stall enabling visitors to become members as well as information stalls from a range of like-minded organisation such as SEE-Change, Seed Savers, Global Worming, Southern Harvest and Jerrabomberra Wetlands.
- Various workshops will occur during the day. If you would like to learn about keeping worm farms at home, Cid Riley of Global Worming will be doing a tour, talk and Q&A session from 11.00am. Peter James will run a short workshop on growing Myoga or Japanese ginger. It grows very well in Canberra but is rarely available in shops. For those interested in very energy efficient buildings, Brian Combridge will be presenting a talk on the construction of our energy efficient building which requires very little heating in winter or cooling in summer. Our sister organisation SEE-Change will be present a workshop on leaf towers/Roving Regeneration.
- Refreshments available on the day including savoury and sweet treats made primarily from the farm’s produce; coffee from the Coffee Plunge & Co coffee van; and a range of wonderful ice-creams from Chameleon Ice-Creamery.
Who: All welcome!
Registration: please register here